Ski Rack

Thule Atlantis 1600 box. Attached to the Factory bars. It's the same one that is listed in the Mazda accessory catelog. Don't get it from Mazda though. You can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Holds skiis and snowboards. They are covered so they don't get road crap on them.

Last edited:
Thanks Mogulman,

I'm sure there's a lot of value in the boxes, but we're not terribly interested in them. Too much of a pain to store and we don't want to keep it on the roof full time.

Any idea if the Mazda rack will hold 1 snowboard and 1 pair of skis? Or, alternatively, any suggestions on a different, reasonably priced ski rack that will fit the 7?

Thanks.

BTW.. In case anyone else reads this.. This should be the Atlantis 1600=Medium Box from Mazda accessories.

@rdblatch

If you haven't answered your question yet...It all comes down to the width of your skis.

The Mazda ski rack is the Yakima Buttondown which was made in a 4 or 6 pair skis. The new Yakima FreshSesh and PowderHounds are updated versions of the ButtonDown.

The 4 will hold 4 pairs skis or 2 snowboards, 6 = 6 prs skis, 4 snowboards. But it'll be a tight fit if all the skis are over 100mm wide. Also the new models attach directly to the factory rack (no adapters) and included a lifter to prevent roof contact.

If you have wider skis and want a lower profile the FatCat is the way to go. Plus it's a modern design and looks cool. A FatCat 4 is almost as wide as a Big PowderHound (Buttondown 6).

I prefer a box as it's more versatile but use FatCats on my Mazda.

Back