Sirius Satellite Question

you can always velcro the reciever somewhere on the dash and as far as the antenna, yes you can mount it next to the 3rd brake light but the reception will NOT be as good as if you would have it outside the car. You can mount the antenna on the trunk lid and run the wire through the weather stripping of the trunk to the front. Thats the way my co-worker has it setup in his Protege. (its funny how my co-worker has a protege too, haha)

i have mine mounted right above the radio in the pocket....and yes i have my antenna under the third brake light hole. the only time i get reception is under bridges (i dont think youd get it anyway) and if its storming bad outside. other than that i love it.

I have Sirius in my 03 protege. I ran my antenna wire up through the weather stripping of my trunk along (underneath) the rubber stripping for my rear window and right smack dab in the middle of my ceiling above my rear window. It works good and looks better than anywhere else you can put it! As for the reciever, I have a deck with it built in so I didn't have to worry about that.

Back