Should i buy one?

Nickim

:
2005 Mazda 3 GT
Im looking at a 2005 mazda 3 gt sedan with 256000kms for 3000$$. It, according to the owner, needs a throttle body actuator. I do not mind spending money in order to drive the vehicle, and plan on modifying further afterwards. Anyone know how much these can run for and if the car itself is worth the money?

p.s i work at a shop that allows me to get sick deals on parts and free labor

Not a bad deal on the car, as long as it looks to be in decent shape. As far as how much a throttle body actuator costs I have no clue. Wouldn't think it would be that bad though.

id be a little cautious. its got over 159000 miles on it. its a good price but what kind of driving does one have to do to put 159000 miles on a car in 6 years?

Sounds good to me. my car just turned 1 year old and i have 21k on it, all Hwy/Heavy Traffic millege, Getting ready to do a set of brakes. But in 6 years ill be at an average of 130k (i do 70miles a day round trip for work) so if somone had a longer commute, 160k isnt that far off from my commute.

question is, original owner? how is the wear and tear on the body/interior?

To me mileage means nothing. Think about it you can get a car with low miles and it could still be a POS. You just gotta take a good look at the car and decide if it looks good enough to buy. After all when I bought my 06 it had 97,000 miles on it, that was just over a year ago. So my car has been driven over 20k per year. (Holy crap I must have gotten a good one!) All I have done to it is, brakes (which it didn't need) and oil changes.

Last edited:
Back