Shifter Problems

TXMazdaSpeeder

T is for Turbo
:
2003 Black Mica MSP #566
I have a 2001 Mazda MP3 with a TWM Short Shifter and im having a slight problem with my car shifting into reverse, also a few weeks ago i had a problems where the nut fell off the the bottom of the shfit assembly......any help anyone? or should i contact TWM or mazda?

sorry i wish i could answer your question....but this is off topic. i think i might of seen oyu driving your car the other day. Its the only mp3 i have seen in the Dfw area...

With the nut being loose that may have caused your reverse problem. I assume you talking about the one under the car that connects the shifter to the shift linkinage rod. If you're having problems with it coming off, try using a new lock nut (the kind that have the little white plastic inside) or a little loctite on the bolt. Beware if you do decide to use loctite...it will be hell breaking it loose if you decide to go back into it for whatever reason.

well that being the case, then i'd definitly have the mazda techs take a look at it. I doubt it would come down to TWM unless they manufactured the "ball" wrong, which you wouldve noticed from the getgo of the install. some folks on here have claimed to have probs shifting into reverse with stock shifters so.....

Back