Rough engine start, idle, and some....

Dito82

:
2006 Mazda Speed6
Bit lengthy but wanted to give as much info as possible.

I have an 06 MS6 GT. ~85k miles. Recently I have had to give some gas in order for the car to turn over, witout hitting the pedal it just keeps cranking but no go. Used to be that I could just turn the key and car would start. I shouldn't have to give it gas for it to start so i don't know what the issue is. Car seems to be idling a bit rough lately too.
I did replace the rear diff mount recently and went with poly-urethance bushing but I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it. Don't think its the spark plugs because i changed all 4 at around 60k. I keep up with regular maintanace. You could consider me a "spirited" driver so it my driving that is causing problems or is this car just plagued with issues??
Car will lose power sometimes too when i floor it to pass a car. Here a strange sound mid to rear of chasis, nothing crazy but enough to make me want to ease of of the gas pedal.

CEL is currently on with an Exhaust Gas Recirculatory Valve code as well as a multiple misfire code.
Wondering if it could be a MAF sensor, O2 sensor, or maybe need to replace EGR.
Any Ideas... Thanks in advance.

MODS: AEM cold air intake, manga flow dual exhaust (cat-back).

EGR probably needs replaced, Bad coil pack, packs a possibility.. Your gonna have to troubleshoot these things. If you had a OB2 scan tool a good one that can check all these operations would be great.

List ALL the codes here, please. Your EGR is probably clogged and/or mulfunctioning. People see a lot of issues once those go. I blocked mine off completely so I don't have to deal with it.

Id go with the coils I had the egr code took it off and cleaned it that 0401 comes back ever now and then but i dont see it having that much of a effect so start with the coils and plugs

Back