Continental TrueContact Tour Tire Review - 2015 Mazda6 - 225/55/R17

I installed these lightly used tires on my fully tuned NA Skyactiv Mazda 6, which I enjoy driving to its limits, especially around bends. My review reflects a mix of driving styles:
  • Generally slow and efficient,
  • Occasionally spirited around the bends
Overall, I'm pleased with these tires. The firm compound enhances efficiency and extends tread life, which suits most driving conditions. However, their grip and feedback decrease under extreme conditions, particularly when cold and wet. The ride quality is taut and smooth, providing good feedback and stability during regular driving without pushing the tires to their limits. Spirited cornering in the wet leaves some grip to be desired, partly due to the vehicle’s stock open differential.

For those who value stable and confident handling without frequently testing the tires' extremes, these are a great choice. Despite their limitations in hard cornering conditions, they are predictable and communicative, making them suitable for spirited driving as well. I recommend Continental tires for Mazda owners.

Thanks for the well written review! You mentioned that these are lightly used, but how many miles have you put on them yourself? Any issues with road noise?

I'll copy a link to this review and post it in our Resources section. (y)

Thanks for the well written review! You mentioned that these are lightly used, but how many miles have you put on them yourself? Any issues with road noise?

I'll copy a link to this review and post it in our Resources section. (y)
Not much. I've only had them for about a week. They are pretty quiet tires. It's an older Mazda, so it's still loud. Lol

Thank you.

Back