Replacement Coolant Overflow Tank

mspHtown

:
MSP 2003.5
I'm looking for a replacement coolant overflow tank for the msp that is a bit more compact than the OEM one. Are there any products out there that draw from the bottom of the tank and also have a sight glass?

Thanks!

Dude, just been going thru same search and if you go with a weapon R there is either bottom draw with no sight glass or top draw with a sight glass. I wanted both but they wouldn't hook me up with a sight glass on the bottom draw one. I called and asked, no go. So I got the universal round 24 oz one with sight glass. What i did to make it work was to pull a piece of silicone vacuum line thru the port on top and cut it long enough to go to bottom of tank with a notch so it didn't get stuck to bottom or side and not pull fluid. Then cut it off just outside the port leaving about 3/16 sticking out and then just put hose going to radiator over it like normal. It does work and you have sight glass. I looked all over for something perfect and didn't find it. Finally just gave in and got the one I did knowing I would have to mod it to work. The one I went with is 826-111-101. I tried to get them to add sight glass to 826-134-101 which has bottom draw but they wouldn't. There is an 826-122-102 that has bottom draw and sight glass but ports and sight glass are backwards for my application but have a look at it, it could be the one depending on where you are going to mount it. Of course it is close to $100 instead of $60 like the round ones. Here is a pic of my setup...............

323F_mtr_01.JPG

323F_mtr_02.JPG

Kinda cramped quarters and less mounting options with the new intake. There is no coolant in the overflow hose because I just swapped to the clear hose and it hadn't filled the car back up with fresh coolant yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back