Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
I replaced my Toyo A36 tires today with Sailun inspire tires. At 48000 miles the Toyos were getting noisy and close to the wear bars. The oem Toyos were ok and I'm glad to have gotten the mileage out of them I did. There's a big difference in the ride and noise with the new tires. Of course since I just got them there's an unknown about the wear but the warranty for whatever it's worth is 70 k miles. We will see how that goes. :unsure:

That's pretty good service life on Toyos, which are known for soft, quiet riding. For some contrast, my front Toyos were wasted at <17K, mostly from excess toe-in. The rears are still fine however, & now going on 5 yrs old.

Have never tried a Sailun, as they're from places which I prefer to avoid: "Sailun has established modern tyre manufacturing plants in China (Qingdao, Dongying, Shenyang) and Vietnam".

Regardless, G' luck!

OP, I commend you on your stamina! We couldn't wait to dump the Toyos at ~17k, due to noise and declining handling. They had plenty of tread left, but that was a meaningless indicator of wear for us.

yep they become very annnoying after 10k or so miles. I am nearing that on my 2nd Cx5 and already looking when to replace them.
Have to agree 48k miles on the Toyo is a record

AFAIK, as tires wear down, they all get noisier.
This has to do with the construction of treads. Soft compound on top, and harder at bottom.
As they wear, soft material is gone. Harder remains.
So, when you compare new tires vs. old ones, most customers feel the improvement.
However, not really a fair comparison.

One can compare UTQG rating for wear/traction/temp among different tires.
That is one fair comparison you can find.
Too bad. No noise rating in UTQG.

OP, I commend you on your stamina! We couldn't wait to dump the Toyos at ~17k, due to noise and declining handling. They had plenty of tread left, but that was a meaningless indicator of wear for us.
What did you replace them with? Mine still have lots of tread left but I've been beyond disappointed with the handling. My dedicated winter tires handle better.

loving my stock Toyos. have 19000 miles on them and they are at 6.5/32" so not terrible. they handle well on bad roads and mpg has been super with them.

Michelin Cross Climate 2's. They were great tires.
Great, thank you. I'm am considering those vs Pirelli Scorpion AS plus 3. You're completely happy with the CC 2's? I have the Toyo A36's and think that right from the start they have been absolutely terrible for. handling.

Still have mine on my 2018, not driving enough since Covid. Maybe 55K total miles on the car but only on 2/3 of the time with original tires since I also have winter tires.

Back