Removing Dealer add-on (2023 CX-5)

The technology behind Apple AirTags is kind of cool but kind of creepy. It sends out a Bluetooth signal that other nearby Apple devices pick up and transmits the location so your Find My app will display it. It’s supposed to be secure and all that but I’m sure someone has probably figured out how to hack it. The battery is supposed to last for a year.

I bought my 2023 off the showroom floor and it had 3 extra add ons that I did not want. After the ridiculous trade in amount on my trade I told them if they were serious about doing a deal they would give me a better trade amount and take that ridiculous add ons off the sticker price. To my surprise that did in fact get extremely close to my amount for my trade and took off the 3 add ons off the sticker. Since they were already installed I got them anyway one was Lo jack. I made an account and from my understanding it's only useful for if it's stolen. Doesn't bother me none if they are watching me. I did get an extra discount off my insurance for the lo jack.

Bought a new 23 CX5 PP on Friday for my daughter. Dealer mentioned add ons such as tint and door edging and I told them I did not want to pay for these items and it was no trouble getting removed.

We struck a deal on Friday afternoon and they delivered to my house on Friday evening.

This morning I get an email about my “Lo Jack” pin and to create an account.

Apparently the dealer had installed this as part of the add ons and never mentioned.

I would like to remove it. I figured they would have installed using the ODBC port but does not appear so.

Any ideas where to find this thing? Any concerns with leaving alone?
I had a similar experience and if you didnt ask for it -- its irrelevant if its any good or not -- You were swindled -- I would at the least make sure you fill out the CSI to let Mazda know -- You only have 30 days to get that CSI and return it ( email ) but some dealers " accidentally " input the wrong info and you wont get it -- so stay on top of it if you dont see it - I would politely ask for a refund -- if they balk well -- options are limited as you likely signed a contract -- But the CSI has lots of weight and if you are in the 30 day window and unhappy , most dealers KNOW that will hurt more than your refund,,, at days end its not a massive rip off - but still dishonest -

When we bought our '23 CE the dealer had added several accessories. They were not part of the vehicle order as they were not on the window sticker. They were listed on a seperate sticker. I was not interested in the extras, specifically the roof rack which I removed when we got home. The real kicker was they tried to charge 2X the MSRP listed on Mazda NA website for the extras. I negotiated down to below MSRP for the extras since they would not remove them.

I never got a CSI from Mazda. I am not impressed with this dealer.

When we bought our '23 CE the dealer had added several accessories. They were not part of the vehicle order as they were not on the window sticker. They were listed on a seperate sticker. I was not interested in the extras, specifically the roof rack which I removed when we got home. The real kicker was they tried to charge 2X the MSRP listed on Mazda NA website for the extras. I negotiated down to below MSRP for the extras since they would not remove them.

I never got a CSI from Mazda. I am not impressed with this dealer.
Sounds like we went to the same dealer ...

Paranoia will destroy ya. Just don't register it. By the way, if your daughter carries a cell phone she is tracked every moment of every single day. Relax. Nobody is out to get you.

Paranoia will destroy ya. Just don't register it. By the way, if your daughter carries a cell phone she is tracked every moment of every single day. Relax. Nobody is out to get you.
just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you...:)

Sounds like we went to the same dealer ...
Well I would say yes except mine tried the DATADOT swindle - which i posted on another thread - its like glue with chips in it and the vin / not trackable but traceable - still the greed and deception of tiis type of activity is bad for Mazda and I think they should step in - Make sure you do the CSI/ they can convieniently make a mistake on giving Mazda your email and then you dont get the CSI - theres a 30 day window - so try to get it and fill it out - best

Well to my best recollection --- The LOJack is a dealer installed accessory -- aka - a PAC aka - lifted wallet and pick yer pocket in F&I Jack

LoJack absolutely does not track you.
Almost all modern cars have a black box like an airplane. This is used in the case of major accidents to prove fault, like when someone dies. However this info does not leave the car and only a rolling 30 minutes is kept. Or something like that.
Now the Mazda app? That one can definitely teach you.

LoJack absolutely does not track you.
Almost all modern cars have a black box like an airplane. This is used in the case of major accidents to prove fault, like when someone dies. However this info does not leave the car and only a rolling 30 minutes is kept. Or something like that.
Now the Mazda app? That one can definitely teach you.
Yes - , my point is , its antiquated and unnecessary -- and the Mazda app-- well I was going to activate the remote start feature ... but that is a line I dont want to cross -- so no go-- thats tracking 4-SHO

Yes - , my point is , its antiquated and unnecessary -- and the Mazda app-- well I was going to activate the remote start feature ... but that is a line I dont want to cross -- so no go-- thats tracking 4-SHO
The dealer would not let us leave without installing the Mazda app. I deleted it while driving home.

I don't have the Mazda app, but do have the Volvo app. Kind of love it actually.

Back