Removed my Street Unit Rear Engine Mount

di81977

Wife's car and after 3 months she could not live with the vibration. At the same time I installed the engine mount, I also put on the Sure Motorsports Short Cut. Two great modifications that were inexpensive and really impacted the cars performance.

Fortunately, I did get the car to High Plains raceway in Byers, Co for an open track day. Had a blast. These cars are awesome on the track. Lots of torque and very well balanced.

I expected some virbration, but thought the bushing would break down a little over a month or so. Did not happen for me. I have read about drilling some holes, might try that.

Confused. So is the mount on the car now or did you put the stock part back on? Obviously can't drive the car with a removed rear mount.

Best fix for the mount vibes, BTW, is an aftermarket tuning solution like Hypertech or AP. Besides getting a lot more performance from the car and keeping the more rigid mount, you can adjust idle rpm. Raising idle speed by about 150-200 rpm usually eliminates the vibes and also is helpful in reducing the risk of "smoking turbo." on these cars.

Raising the RPM's slightly definately eliminated the vibration. Tuning solution might be the way to go in the future. Back to the stock mount. The engine mount and short cut made a HUGE difference in driving enjoyment (for me, not the wife).

Before taking it to the speedway, I installed Hawk HPS pads, DBA slotted rotors and ATE Super Blue brake fluid. Full day of racing around the track and not a single sign of brake fade.

Back