Regearing speedo... to cut down on speeding...

In all honesty, with traffic lights and whatnot factored in, your not making up a ton of time by speeding. How many times have you blasted past that damn old person on the highway to have them right behind you in the traffic jam/off ramp?

BondoBob said:
The Flat Earth Society tried for a time in the 1980s to get all car makers to limit their speedometers to 80MPH thinking (as you do) that if the needle is WAAAAAY over there, you'll slow down. It's busted logic, as it made people simply try to make the needle wrap around to the stop at 0MPH.

If you want to stop speeding, then stop speeding. It isn't the tires fault, it isn't the gauge's fault - it's the driver's fault. Unless you are getting nailed for 61 in a 55MPH everytime, you are driving too fast and need to back it down.

Why not do what racers do and mark the face of the speedo where 55MPH is with a red line!

Applause!!! This thread has the worst premise for a solution to speeding that I have ever heard. It's like setting your clock faster so that you'll get up earlier. No you won't! You'll just hit snooze! Same thing with this broken logic...(freak)

I had a solution to this with a car I owned about......oh, 25 (!?!) yrs ago....a 66 Mustang. When I hit speeds north of 60mph the front end would start to shimmy & the steering wheel would vibrate. Clear warning to take my foot off the loud pedal!!
Stopped doing it after I rebuilt the front suspension......

mazdaddy said:
I had a solution to this with a car I owned about......oh, 25 (!?!) yrs ago....a 66 Mustang. When I hit speeds north of 60mph the front end would start to shimmy & the steering wheel would vibrate. Clear warning to take my foot off the loud pedal!!
Stopped doing it after I rebuilt the front suspension......

LOL I have a 66 mustang.

rednecks_r_us said:
LOL I have a 66 mustang.
Sometimes i wish I still had it, but got rear-ended at a stop light (cryhard) Had to write her off...
Had a pony interior & stock 4bbl to......
Someday I may get another one, but I'll need a house with a 3 car garage first!

Sorry to change topic but....

My dad has an original numbers matching red 66 GT coupe with black pony interior and a 64 1/2 black convertible with red interior and a white top. Both cars have original miles and paint. The 66 has had the engine bay and some of the engine redone to look cleaner.

dharman said:
Sorry to change topic but....

My dad has an original numbers matching red 66 GT coupe with black pony interior and a 64 1/2 black convertible with red interior and a white top. Both cars have original miles and paint. The 66 has had the engine bay and some of the engine redone to look cleaner.
My first response to this was "Bastard- I hate you and your dad"--but I walked away for a moment and considered my response and----BASTARD!!! i HATE YOU AND YOUR DAD :)
But really, your Da' has a grand couple of pieces of automotive history and I salute him for them. I hope he uses them often (ie DRIVES them- I hate trailer queens) Cars are meant to be driven unless they are a one & only or have extreme historical significance. Enjoy!!

Uh i just got popped by the PoPo for 80MPH in a 50MPH. Mercy on me - he only wrote me up for 74MPH...

So, uh, ignore my input on this subject thread please. Dangnabbit!

Tasty said:
Applause!!! This thread has the worst premise for a solution to speeding that I have ever heard. It's like setting your clock faster so that you'll get up earlier. No you won't! You'll just hit snooze! Same thing with this broken logic...(freak)

i set my alarm for a half hour early.. by the time it wakes me up, im right on schedule..
(have to be at work @ midnight, i set the alarm for 10:40 so i can wake up at 11:10, no snooze needed; the alarm rings for the whole half hour until i finally get up..)

<---- has a hard time waking up for work..

Back