Recommend some good wiper blades

For you Costco members--their latest coupon book has Goodyear Assurance blades "buy one get one free". That gets you a complete pair for $8.00! I use them on my STS, CX-9, and wife's Santa Fe. They are excellent.

I've used Bosch Icon before, and they work well but are expensive and difficult to refill. Have also used Valero, which look good but don't work as well as the Icons. No experience with the Goodyear Assurance, but if you can get them for $8/pr., that's a pretty good deal.

I usually just buy silicone refills for the OEM wipers. That's the cheapest option, and it's the rubber that generally wears out long before the entire wiper fails.

i picked up the bosch ion's (or something that looks just like 'em) and while i'm happy with how well they clear the glass, i don't like how they mount. the OEM blades mounted directly under the wiper arm and were very inconspicuous. these aftermarket blades mount 'above' or to the 'top' of the wiper arm making them stick out of the cowl an additional inch. while it may be trivial to some, i don't like that they stick up more and are uglier than the 'covered' style of the OEM blades. i kept the OEM blades and will find refills for them for the next round.

Al

Have also used Valero...

Uh...that would be Valeo, sorry. Although, I just had a great mental image of pulling up to the pump at the Valero station and just squirting 93 octane all over my windshield. Hey, it would melt the ice pretty well.

Valeo

consumer reports rated the Valeo 600 series the best.also says you need to change blades every 6 months.

I use Mazda OE wipers from mazdaparts.org. (about $14 for the front pair)
I replace mine once a year (being in California).

Anyone know part numbers for refills for the OEM blades? I replaced them once but don't remember where I found them. I've also used a few different replacement blades (including some pricey ones) and have been disappointed by all of them. The OEM blades were the best in terms of form and function. I just don't know where to find refills.

Anyone know part numbers for refills for the OEM blades? I replaced them once but don't remember where I found them. I've also used a few different replacement blades (including some pricey ones) and have been disappointed by all of them. The OEM blades were the best in terms of form and function. I just don't know where to find refills.

Looks like this will give you the number based on which blade you want:

http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/s...odel=14354&modelYear=2013&ukey_category=29193

Looks like it's 67330D for drivers, 67330C for passenger, and 67330A for the rear.

Example of the rear:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Side note, I've been extremely pleased with the OEM blades on my new '14. Very good clearing ability in rain, with crisp action. Great in wet snow too, struggle with ice (like all blades when it freezes around the blade rubber that contacts the window). Of note, wish this thing had a warmer for the blades in their down position like Subaru's do... Would make me feel better (read: easier) then chipping the blade off and clearing it of ice all the time.

I just order the rubber inserts from here:

http://onlinemazdaparts.com/parts/2012/Mazda/CX-9/Grand Touring/index.cfm?siteid=214264

Even with shipping, it's cheaper than my local dealer (or at least the same price, without the trip over there).

Last edited:
Back