Rear Parking Sensors

Scott1

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I am in the process of leasing a 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring and would like the rear parking sensors on the vehicle. These sensors are an accessory. The new car sales manager at my dealership advised that their dealership doesn't get CX-5's from the factory with the sensors because the CX-5 has a rear view camera and the rear cross traffic alert. He said he has found that his customers typically don't feel the sensors are necessary nor do they want to pay for the extra $500 cost.

I also called the other Mazda dealership in town and pretty much got the same story. Also, neither service department said they install them. It appears the installation is farmed out to a vendor. This seems strange that two different dealerships wouldn't order at least a few vehicles from the factory with them nor, if that weren't an option, one would think that the local dealer would install them on site since the sensors are a genuine Mazda accessory.

I'm wary of having a 3rd party vendor install them because I want them to look as if they were factory installed with an exact paint match especially since this is a lease vehicle.

Does anybody have these sensors on their CX-5 and, if so, would you recommend getting them?

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...CX5TR|18CX5TR2A&ex=46G&in=V_KD8&p=&ip=&o=&io=

I am in the process of leasing a 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring and would like the rear parking sensors on the vehicle. These sensors are an accessory. The new car sales manager at my dealership advised that their dealership doesn't get CX-5's from the factory with the sensors because the CX-5 has a rear view camera and the rear cross traffic alert. He said he has found that his customers typically don't feel the sensors are necessary nor do they want to pay for the extra $500 cost.

I also called the other Mazda dealership in town and pretty much got the same story. Also, neither service department said they install them. It appears the installation is farmed out to a vendor. This seems strange that two different dealerships wouldn't order at least a few vehicles from the factory with them nor, if that weren't an option, one would think that the local dealer would install them on site since the sensors are a genuine Mazda accessory.

I'm wary of having a 3rd party vendor install them because I want them to look as if they were factory installed with an exact paint match especially since this is a lease vehicle.

Does anybody have these sensors on their CX-5 and, if so, would you recommend getting them?

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-t...CX5TR|18CX5TR2A&ex=46G&in=V_KD8&p=&ip=&o=&io=

I don't think any accessories on the accessory page are ever installed at the factory. Some here have said that some get installed at the port when the are unloaded from the ship.

Personally, I think the camera lets me get closer to objects then the beeping sensor would. I see little reason for both.

Personally, I think the camera lets me get closer to objects then the beeping sensor would. I see little reason for both.
+1
A specific visual report is far better than a generic beep.
Wait till you see how well the camera works. You can always add the sensors later, but you may not feel the need for them.

⋯ Does anybody have these sensors on their CX-5 and, if so, would you recommend getting them?

You definitely don't want this Mazda "genuine" rear parking sensor accessary as it's NOT the same as "integrated" Front/Rear Parking Sensors from factory which unfortunately is not available for US customers.

Here're true factory integrated Front/Rear Parking Sensors and Back-up Camera. The rear parking sensors incorporate with back-up camera on the same screen. The infotainment screen can also display front parking sensors with graph too! Notice even the Back-up Camera function is more sophisticated than ours as it features not only a static blue guideline like us, but also an additional dynamic yellow "predicted" guideline depending on your steering wheel angle!

The front sensors are integrated into the rear camera so it generates an image of the front and back sensors on the screen that drops out at about 3mph. Cars with HID headlights must have headlamp washers but not LEDs, don't ask me why!
The parking sensors show up on the rear camera screen too but no headlight washers and no rear camera washer as you can see!

IMG_2821_zpsssibhuhb.jpg
The front sensors come on automatically immediately after having reversed OR they can be manually operated from a button on the dash. When you drive off they go off at about 5mph or you can push the switch again.

+1
A specific visual report is far better than a generic beep.
Wait till you see how well the camera works until it rains and you get water on the lens which makes it totally useless!
That's why a lot of people prefer the sensors.

My camera has rarely been "totally useless". Very rarely.

Then why can we have both sensors AND camera working together? Front parking sensors with graph are excellent for parallel parking usage.

Because some of us are pretty good at parking and don't need no silly sensors.
lol

(flame2)
I love the smilies on this site.

Because some of us are pretty good at parking and don't need no silly sensors.
lol

(flame2)
I love the smilies on this site.
Some of us? Like BSM and RCTA, integrated front/rear parking sensors with dynamic view back-up camera definitely will help most drivers for parking. You're using BSM、RCTA、backup camera, don't you? You're now using Android Auto, don't you? Front/rear parking sensors are great for tight-space parking once you've used them, especially those factory ones showing a graph almost like 360 surround view. It eliminates any guess work on distance between vehicle corners and any objects nearby which are impossible to see.

I said some of us are good at parking. I didn't say I was. [emoji1]
Seriously though, front sensors aren't must have for me. I think she's perfect the way she is now. Wouldn't mind a 360 camera, but not a fan of sensors overall.
\edit\ This is from the guy THAT BACKED INTO ANOTHER CAR WITH HIS REAR SENSOR EQUIPPED VOLVO. Did I mention that?
Would NOT have happened with a camera.
GIMMEE CAMERAS!
Cameras > Sensors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back