quick questions about Shock, Struts and lowering springs.

CrazyNathan

:
2008 Mazda 3s Sport
I have a 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Sport
I would like to get rid of my wheel gap, This is my daily driver, I dont run her too hard, but want to try some auto cross in the summer. I dont want to go too expensive ( under $800)
I work at a dealership, so theres no issues about tools and such, I'm good friends with the mechanics who are willing to help me.
I started looking at Eibach Sportline.
Then upon further research, I read that it would be best to replace my shocks and struts (i have 99k miles)
I then started looking at Koni Orange.

I then discovered at another forum that someone put a Eibach Pro kit plus on their car, so I googled it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

^This is what I discovered. and it almost seems too good to be true for $570 and free shipping.

So here are my questions. Assume I only have very basic knowledge.

Would this Eibach 5553.880 Suspension Pro-Plus Kit really fit my Mazda?

Would it be better to buy the Sportline along with the Orange rather than the kit?

If I did buy the Shocks and Struts from Koni, what else would I have to buy? some sort of mounts to ensure they fit properly?

What are your setups? Any suggestions?

Should I just say screw it and run with just Sportlines nothing else?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm still learning. Thank you.

I have Koni YELLOWS and Eibach Sportlines on my car. I like how much of a drop it gave me, but the sportlines aren't very stiff, But the yellows are one of the best shocks you can buy right now. If you can gather up the extra cash, you might as well get coilovers. Either, Megan Racing, BC, or even ST.

But if you wanna stay under 1k, id look into Koni Yellows, and H&R springs or something with a stiffer spring rate.

The yellows have dampening adjustability over the Oranges.

Look into a rear sway bar as well. The kit you mention looks like its only for 2012-2013 models. Even though the suspension is the same. And don't let that pic fool you. It DOES NOT come with shocks. Only springs, and F AND R sway.

Thanks for replying. I looked into it, It really would be about the same cost to just get some coilovers. I can't decide between KSport or BC.

Back