Question about exhaust and CAI.

Rellot

:
Mazda Protege5
so I just bought a Mazda Protege5 03' and I've been looking for some aftermarket parts to put on. I found an ad on Craigslist for a Corksport exhaust, and AEM cold air intake from a Mazda speed protege, will the exhaust still fit my P5? And I'm sure the CAI is fine too? Just want to make sure before I buy. Love the sound of that exhaust

Was the Mazdaspeed you saw turbocharged? If so the CAI is not going to work for you.

It also depends how much of the exhaust you want to use. If it is a turbocharged engine, you will not be able to use anything before the Catalytic converters.

The exhaust is longer on the sedans than on the hatchbacks, so not the whole thing will fit unless you don't mind the tip sticking out past the rear bumper. I know that the axle-back muffler is part of the reason and I remember someone mentioning the resonator is different, but don't quote me on that.

I think it's just the tip that's longer, but dill's right. The exhaust for a sedan is a little longer than one for a P5, by about 3-4 inches or so. An intake for an MSP won't fit a P5 either.

It was mounted to a MSP so yeah it was turbos. Hmm that's a bummer. I really liked that exhaust note. I guess I have some researching to do.

Latest posts

Back