Putting my HIDs 2morrow

liljae8

:
2013 CWP Mazdaspeed3
Im going to install my hids tomorrow, any tips or suggestions? ballasts location, what you guys used to stick the ballast, problems, etc. pics! thanks in advance guys

ok i just installed it and its all working now, but at first the driver side wasnt working. so me and a friend checked all the wires and when we touched the stock relay to a metal or to the ballast (which we did) it turned on! i dont know if im explaining it correctly but thats basically what we did and it works now. so right now its ziptied touching the ballast and it doesnt move and works fine, but for some reason, this worries me. anything wrong with this picture?

my guess is a ground wire is bad in the unit and is causeing the caseing to be your ground....that is not right

kableguy said:
pics, lets see how they look, r they projectors?
they arent projectors. i'll take a pic later today but i'll warn you now, it's all electrical taped up so you wont really see anything, but i'll still take the pic.

I helped MSP#735 install his HID's in his MSP. We put the passenger side ballast on the fender well and the driver die one we attached to the front of the battery. Both mounted with 3M double sided tape. Looks good and isn't going anywhere. No zip ties.

ok heres the pics
hid005.jpg

the stock relay is the one with the blue zip tie. zip tied to the ballast.
hid001.jpg

heres a different angle
hid003.jpg

heres another and in the bottom left is the new relay box
hid004.jpg

this is the thing (driver side)we took apart so that we can plug it in but the lights only turn on when these touch the ballast.
and i electric taped it from getting wet.

Back