Put in the WGA

Ceasar1010

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003 and Miata STO 1997
I put in the WGA and it runs better now. The old one I could blow through it like a straw. Terrible.

NOW the issue is that I can see it max at 10psi and hold around 8psi. I can accelerate and hear it spooling but it starts to bog down like a fuel cut off or something?
If it sees to much boost does something like a fuel cut off happen?

I feel like I'm getting close to getting her running right. She idles, she doesn't sputter, she leaks less, I just want to get this part in the past.

BTW I put the WGA in without taking the entire exhaust manifold off from one of the posts I saw on here. took maybe 2 hours. So glad I read up on here. (RTM)

If your ignition setup is working properly it is very likely you are experiencing the hesitation of the rich stock tune

If your ignition setup is working properly it is very likely you are experiencing the hesitation of the rich stock tune

Anything to be done about it? Do I really have to play with my Gas Pedal like that to produce some power

How about my plugs. The ones I have are gapped right but was seriously abused when the car was running bad. The plugs also have a super skinny contact point in the plug. Iridium or something? those any good? Feels like when my plugs where gapped wrong but only when I push it. I guess It really cant hurt to get a new set of plugs.

If your plugs are new and gapped properly you are probably fine, just the stock tune. Welcome to owning a stock MSP!

Back