Pulling the radio trim piece?

The Kid

Hey Guys,
I pulled my interior pieces out today so that I could paint them and they all came out easily except the trim piece around my radio. Like every other plastic piece it is only held in by clips but where i ran into a problem was when I tryed to get the heat and fan dials unhooked. I unplugged everything and I even took out the two screws that hold the heat and fan dials to the trim piece.

Where I think the problem is where the cable that controls the heat in the car connects behind the trim piece. I believe that if I can remove the cable then I could get the trim piece disconnected and out of the car so that I could paint it.

If any of you could confirm this or give me some advice, please don't hesitate.

Thanks,
The Kid

There are two cables on each adjustment dial, it's very frustrating to remove if you don't know this.

It's easy, just drop the glove box and you can see where the cable attaches under the dash. Then under the steering wheel there is the other cable connection. Once you pop the cables off the trim piece comes right out. I pulled mine out the other day and painted it. I think it turned out pretty well.

Hey kid!
While you have it out - turn it around and inspect the fan switch connector for burnt wiring ;)

Back