Problems with AXXESS unit on M3 2006

WabiSabi

Hello,

I got Axxess iPod Unit installed (XIA-I01-MZ1), and it seems to malfunction in an unusual way. When I turn on ignition, the system it works as expected, blocking IPod controls and enabling controls on the head unit. Text is also displayed on head unit's LCD.

However, after about 15-30 seconds, something happens, and IPod shows "The connected accessory is not compatible with this IPod" message. At this time the IPod controls become unblocked, so I can control songs. I can still hear the sound through the car stereo system but song title isn't shown on the LCD and song control buttons on the head unit don't work.

I got Mazda 3 4DR 2006 GT, and I believe it's not Clairon's audio system.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issues? Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Have you chosen "no"?

Hello,

I got Axxess iPod Unit installed (XIA-I01-MZ1), and it seems to malfunction in an unusual way. When I turn on ignition, the system it works as expected, blocking IPod controls and enabling controls on the head unit. Text is also displayed on head unit's LCD.

However, after about 15-30 seconds, something happens, and IPod shows "The connected accessory is not compatible with this IPod" message. At this time the IPod controls become unblocked, so I can control songs. I can still hear the sound through the car stereo system but song title isn't shown on the LCD and song control buttons on the head unit don't work.

I got Mazda 3 4DR 2006 GT, and I believe it's not Clairon's audio system.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issues? Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Choosing no should clear this up. Dependingon how the unit boots up the iPod does some authentication that may have failed or the AXXESS may not support the newest authentication. Either way choosing "no" may clear up your issue.

Choosing no should clear this up. Dependingon how the unit boots up the iPod does some authentication that may have failed or the AXXESS may not support the newest authentication. Either way choosing "no" may clear up your issue.

Hi Antonio,

Thanks so much for your suggestion, unfortunately, there is no prompt where I can choose "no". I got some pretty old IPod (5th gen, video), which I assume should be supported by the unit.

I tried IPod touch as well, and AXXESS sucked altogether with this model! To begin with, IPod showed that charging is not supported with this device. Then there was the same issue - controls were not blocked, and still heard the audio. Song title was not supported at all with IPod Touch.

In any case, a word of advice for anybody trying to get IPod support - if you are not a car audio technician, don't bother, just get the unit from the dealership (ideally get it installed there as well). It's more expensive, but that's definitely a source you can trust.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Nick.

Back