Please take this "comprehensive" 2-part survey about your MS3!

trees_house

:
2008 Sunlight Silver MazdaSpeed 3 GT
Please use the following links to participate in the survey and to view results, respectively. Thanks!
MS3 Owner's & Mods Survey
View Results

Following is the original poll/survey, but the provider only allows so many responses per month. Thanks to everyone that participated, this quota was filled up within 24 hours!
MS3 Owner's Survey: Getting To Know You
MS3 Mods Survey

I've just finished creating these surveys off-site because either the system doesn't support multiple choice, or I simply don't know how.

I've searched the polls on this forum for the MS3 only, to avoid asking questions that have been beat to death. Some questions begged being asked again, but this post is not for a debate of what's better or who's better. I've created what I hope is fairly comprehensive and representative, so that we can get a good sense of what people are doing/thinking with mods to their MS3s. Of course, I'm sure someone will feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :).

Similar to my prior posting, I like to try and keep information together so that it's easy to make sense of it all, just because of the sheer volume of options and opinions. Your input is valuable to the community, especially to the n00bs (like myself).

Please either vote for what you are currently using, or plan on purchasing. If replying to the poll, please respond with others you have tried before deciding on the current setup and why you switched, or why you chose the current setup. Please post any relevant pics, sound links, dynos or timeslips. Let's try not to make this a post with flaming other people's setups or opinions. I'm sure I don't have to remind you all that everyone has different goals and needs from their car. But then, I just did. :)

I will keep the poll up-to-date as new products become available/announced. Flame Away!

Attachments

• MS3 Mod Info.pdf
    43 KB · Views: 159
  • MS3 Owner Info.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Mod Results CSV.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Owner Results CSV.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Comments:
287HP 307 FT LBS with CAI and Downpipe. FMIC+PnP STandback on their way!
Car has 600miles on it and due to the wife, i'm not sure any mods will be coming soon. I could probably squeeze the Cobb SRI in without her knowing much about it but as for a TBE...yeah right! ;)
For the turbo I'm planning on porting and rewheeling a stock turbo this way I don't have leaky seals in the future and I can push it a few psi higher while keeping my costs down and keeping it close to stock.
i want cp-e's mounti'm interested in seeing these results

In what city do you live?
Las Vegas, NV
Worcester, MA
Derby, KS
dfd
Little Rock, AR
San Francisco
DFW
Philadelphia
Houston, Tx
Homestead
Pearland, TX
Cincinnati
edison
Houston
Cincinnati, oh
Wentzville,Mo.
Edison, NJ
Oakton
Trenton NJ
Louisville, KY
Texas
Bartlesville, OK
New Orleans
Saint John NB
victoria

Where did you purchase your car? Would you recommend the dealer?
Courtesy Imports, Henderson, NV. Yes.
Sentry West Mazda, Yes.
Davis Moore Mazda Wichita, KS
dfd
Crane Mazda, Yes
Menlo Mazda is where i purchased. I would recommend (for buyers) any local dealership. I would recommend (for service) Putnam Mazda
Sussman mazda - I got a very good price on the Speed3
Hiley Mazda of Hurst, yes
Potamkin Mazda, I would definitely recommend them.
Russell & Smith Mazda, Yes
crystal automall. yes
Jeff Haas Mazda. I'd definitely recommend them!
Jeff Wyler Mazda
Bommarito Mazda-yes
Sansone Rt.1 automall and no I would go to Greenbrook Crystal automall
Faulkner Mazda in Philadelphia Pennsylvania -- Yes A+ dealer
Weisleader Mazda in brick NJ, and NO NO NO DO NOT GO THERE
Kings Mazda Cincinnati, OH- Highly recommended!!!
GarciaMazda NM, Yes
Nelson Mazda
Paretti Mazda
Atlantic Mazda. Yes Recommend
Atezenhoffer,yes i would recommend them

Last edited:
just a few quick notes on the ms3 mod survey - add cobb recirc bpv to the list

also, some of the suspension questions - mazdaspeed sways are not available for the ms3, the ms3 comes with them standard they are available for the reg 3 only. I haven't taken the other one yet, but I will. I still don't understand how this will help you decide what is best for you unless you are gathering data simply to have it. Everyone is different and will like something different for their cars so just because 75% of people go with option A, option B may be a better fit for you in particular

just a few quick notes on the ms3 mod survey - add cobb recirc bpv to the list

also, some of the suspension questions - mazdaspeed sways are not available for the ms3, the ms3 comes with them standard they are available for the reg 3 only. I haven't taken the other one yet, but I will. I still don't understand how this will help you decide what is best for you unless you are gathering data simply to have it. Everyone is different and will like something different for their cars so just because 75% of people go with option A, option B may be a better fit for you in particular

Thanks for the input! I will remove the MS sways from the list. It's stupid Mazda hasn't updated the website to include MS3-specific stuff. I grabbed everything from the M3 accessories page (except the clutch and whatnot). I'm not gathering this information to help me decide on what I want. I have a pretty good idea (at the moment) of what I want to do. Then again, the survey may help others decide what they want. There are some pretty good resources from posts others have made that get into some good detail about how particular mods work, and the expected performance gains, differeces, etc. I was just hoping to shed some light to people about what others are doing or planning on doing with their MS3. There is no right answer.

i just found out that i can only collect a few more surveys using this service this month. I may try switching to a different site, utilizing the same questions. It's not as pretty as polldaddy, but perhaps the reporting is more flexible.

since I already did both surveys, did you want me to re-take it when you switch sites?

also, the mazdaspeed sport dampers are not avail for MS3

since I already did both surveys, did you want me to re-take it when you switch sites?

also, the mazdaspeed sport dampers are not avail for MS3

No, thank you, I will integrate the results and update the options.

Poll back up and running, with reporting. i am in the process of integrating the results of the first poll, so if you have already completed the first one, please do not take the new poll unless you have recently changed your setup.

Thanks to all (80+) who have participated! Some interesting results which you may view using the link at the top of the post. I had to manually input results from the other poll, and I did my best to get everything correct. I made a few errors, but I think it's pretty accurate. Enjoy! (Survey is still open).

Back