Please post your suggestions and comments for this audio setup...

john2007

:
Mazda Allegro (Protege)
Hi all!

In the next days we gonna proudly receive our brand new Mazda Protege, in our country it receives the name of Allegro 2007 and looks exactly the Protege sedan 2003. Putting us ready for upgrade the audio system we buy the following:

(Front Doors) Kicker 6x8" Components DS680.2
(Rear Deck) Kicker 6x9" 3-Way DS6930
(Trunk) Kicker 10" Comp Ported Box
(Amplifier) Kicker 350.4 for speakers
(Amplifier) MTX Thunder 702 for subwoofer
Roofmount LCD Screen 8.5"
TV Tuner with glass amplified antenna

Now we're thinking in buy:

Optima Yellow-Top battery for mounting on the trunk
Stinger Capacitor 1Farad
Alpine DVA-9861 headunit or Kenwood KDV-412

One friend told us think about the dual battery setup for help the electrical system of the car and not force it, now also we're thinking about another extra pair of speakers for the rear doors and we're looking for information about the gauges on cables, etc.

Please feel freely to post your comments, ideas, suggestions or what you think about our setup, we appreciate it.

Sounds nice, and it wouldnt help to run an extra battery just for the audio stuff, but id probably use the stock battery in the trunk and the optima for the rest of the car. Ive always wanted to add speakers to the rear doors as well, I think that set up would sound killer:) For the gauge of the cables you are going to want atleast a 4 gauge for the power wires, you could get by with an 8 but you might as well use the 4. You should post up some pics of everything when you get it all in!

Thanks for your suggestions my friend, on our last car we installed MB Quart Coaxial's, it sounds good but don't really satisfy my expectations, now with Kicker I expect a better experience, I love electronic/dance/techno/trance music and my wife wants to see TV while we're almost parked on the rough traffic.

Today at the mazda dealer, they recommend us a installer for all this things, I gonna go with my digital camera to take pictures of the process.

(guitar)

jeg0024 said:
Sounds nice, and it wouldnt help to run an extra battery just for the audio stuff, but id probably use the stock battery in the trunk and the optima for the rest of the car. Ive always wanted to add speakers to the rear doors as well, I think that set up would sound killer:) For the gauge of the cables you are going to want atleast a 4 gauge for the power wires, you could get by with an 8 but you might as well use the 4. You should post up some pics of everything when you get it all in!

john2007 said:
Thanks for your suggestions my friend, on our last car we installed MB Quart Coaxial's, it sounds good but don't really satisfy my expectations, now with Kicker I expect a better experience, I love electronic/dance/techno/trance music and my wife wants to see TV while we're almost parked on the rough traffic.

Today at the mazda dealer, they recommend us a installer for all this things, I gonna go with my digital camera to take pictures of the process.

(guitar)

Sounds sweet! And Kicker kicks ass! Because I love mine:)

Wasta money(no) .

If u upgrade the stock speakers of the same size, you can get the effect of a system until you step outside of the car...

Back