Painting my rims

kidicenj

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey guys,

im looking to paint my stock rims on my black mica msp. iv never painted my rims before so im just looking for some suggestions on a certain brands or what comes out really nice for paint on rims. if anyone can send me some links for some paint that comes out really nice and wont wear away that would be great

also if anyone has some pictures of how their rims came out of thier black msp id like to see.

thanks.

Go find a powdercoater in your area that does rims. Spray pain works, but not as good as powdercoating them. If you want to just see how they look in "X" color you can grab any kind of spray paint that works on metal, prep the rims, and spray on. If you like the look go get them powdercoated, it lasts MUCH longer.

I say paint them and clear them because painting is cheap and to powder coat the rims is close to 100 bucks per rim.

powder coatings pretty expensive for me so besides that just buy what like regualar paint? any certain or special kinda paint i should buy?

dupont wheel coating or rustoleum wheel paint. both work great with a light primer under them. then dupont also makes a clear wheel coating to go on top as well!

im an idiot, not dupont lol....duplicolor is what i meant! i was thinking wheel cleaner there at the same time. so yeah DUPLICOLOR wheel coating.

haha its all good! what color did you do? i love the gunmetal and silver that they sell. have yet to try the bronze

i put black on and it looks amazing. and yeah i didnt see those colors at pep boys.all they had was black. now i want to do my brake calipers but i have NO CLUE how to do that lol

Back