paint touch up advice??

tfry

:
1999 Mazda Protege DX
Every time I look at my freshly washed, black Protg I get a little sad. You wouldn't believe how many tiny scratches my poor car is covered in.. and those HIDEOUS oxidized spots. Anyway, I don't have the money for a professional paint job/touch up so I'm here asking if anyone out there can give me some advice on doing it myself. It'd be greatly appreciated!

sharpie? lol. post pics. there might be cheap solutions. if you have a garage or somewhere to work, painting body panels is pretty easy if your willing to spend a little time practicing. besides... i could show you a black protege that would make you cry even more lol. in my driveway.

Sharpie, ha very funny.
I do have an area to work, and I am thinking more along the lines of just redoing it all myself. But the same black mica bc I love that color. I'll word my question better; does anyone know of a good brand of RATTLE CAN paint that'll match the original paint decently? And can anyone give me any advice/tips/walkthrough on doing this before I just jump right into it?

Cant tell you about mica.but black is not very forgiving in my opinion.make sure its very strait.no dimples or dips cause everything shows with black.

Why don't you try removing the scratches? I use this stuff - works great! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RCZnH0jDSw

Oxidation is another thing. To keep it from getting worse, you might consider using a car cover and 3D waterless car wash/wax. I use it all the time, along with a car cover on my MX5 and Mazda 3.

Back