Paging Blendercloud......

VRMS6

:
2011 Kona Blue Ford Edge Sport
You still alive???How did the clutch install go??(nailbyt) (pow)Bet you nees lots of (thinkbeer

I wasn't going to be able to get it in the shop this weekend. My best friend's birthday was on Saturday and she had a big party downtown that I had to help out with. I have the lift reserved for Friday afternoon and Saturday all day. If my KMD fuel pump internals get here in time I'll be putting those in as well as changing the oil. You just reminded me that I need to call theRPMstore because they didn't send an alignment tool or throwout bearing.

Glad you remembered b4 trying the install... Im hoping to get my car back today...(they have been working on mine inbetween regular customer cars)... I dont mind as long as I have a loaner but the FWD action of the Tuscon is getting tiring.....

Did you get the internals for the fuel pump or the whole replacement pump? I'm interested in doing these soon, so I'm waiting for someone to do it and write up some additional info on it.

I ordered the internals two weeks ago and still haven't seen anything on them. I hope I didn't just send $299 to some Nigerian royalty.

LOL. Damn Nigerians. Nothing but pirates and scammers there!

You plan on doing a how-to for the internals though? That would be one that I'd love to see.

You plan on doing a how-to for the internals though? That would be one that I'd love to see.

Sure, I can do that. From what I gather it's extremely straight-forward. I can do how-to's on just about everything that isn't tied to the electrical system. No way in hell I trust myself tapping into wiring harnesses for a car I have to drive every day.

Sure, I can do that. From what I gather it's extremely straight-forward. I can do how-to's on just about everything that isn't tied to the electrical system. No way in hell I trust myself tapping into wiring harnesses for a car I have to drive every day.

Cool, that'd be a solid addition. I understand the basics of what needs to be done, but haven't seen an install personally or detailed instructions. Seems like you just need patience and a basic know-how of mechanical tolerances to do them. I just don't want to put them in and have them sieze up.

Cool, that'd be a solid addition. I understand the basics of what needs to be done, but haven't seen an install personally or detailed instructions. Seems like you just need patience and a basic know-how of mechanical tolerances to do them. I just don't want to put them in and have them sieze up.

I keep a briefcase motor scooter in my trunk as a "just in case" for those kind of days. :D

It depends on what you're trying to do...the write up I did for the auto dimming mirror shows that things like that are pretty straightforward. I wouldn't want to try anything more complicated without a proper wiring diagram for the entire car though.

I just got off the phone with Dave from theRPMstore. He spoke to Spec about it this morning and they do not include the alignment tool or throwout bearing with their clutch for the Speed6. Apparently the throwout bearing and alignment tool are dealer only parts.

VRMS6,

Can you tell me the cost and estimated delivery an alignment tool and a bearing kit for the Speed6 clutch?

You can rent the alignment tool from SU for $39, or buy it for $103, throwout (release?) bearing is $46 from them as well.

I just got off the phone with Dave from theRPMstore. He spoke to Spec about it this morning and they do not include the alignment tool or throwout bearing with their clutch for the Speed6. Apparently the throwout bearing and alignment tool are dealer only parts.

VRMS6,

Can you tell me the cost and estimated delivery an alignment tool and a bearing kit for the Speed6 clutch?

(uhm) most of the retailers do when they sell a clutch the though.

Back