P0171 error!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!

gundammaster

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #692
If anyone can help it would be appreciated, I have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege,sorry it's stock, but my check engine light is on, with the code P0171 I changed both o2 sensors, replaced intercooler upper pipe with Corksport hose and the pcv valve, I checked for any leaks with a smoke test and I still can't figure it out, Please help thanks

Definitely check the Wastegate actuator and exhaust manifold hardware first, then check your vacuum lines and turbo piping for leaks.

found out , i have a cracked exhaust manifold, any suggestions? thank you all for your replies

popeperformance.com sells custom exhaust manifolds, otherwise there is a cheap ebay tubular replacement manifold or a used stock or aftermarket manifold like a Steedspeed.

Hello, I just got a check engine light on in my 03 Protege LX. I took it to AutoZone and they gave me code P0171. I noticed my car a little different when driving. When accelerating from a standpoint it slowly accelerates then it goes normally. Take off seems a little bogged down than it was before. While sitting idle at a red light I can see the needle on the tachometer sit right below 1k rpm and it begins to go fluctuate...at which point it feels like the car is going to turn off but it doesn't. It just started doing this after I got the service light on. Based on the code I received and the different problem options, this leads me to believe it's fuel pressure related...could it be the filter? I've never had any fuel problems before and have never let my car run on empty; I usually fill up at half tank or a little under. I am also reading a lot about the MAF sensor? I suppose I can check all my connections to make sure there are no cracks on the hoses/pipes. I'm a little car savvy on normal repairs provided I do enough research, hehe. Any insight is appreciated!

Last edited:
Kind of reviving an old thread but this code just popped up and I've already tried cleaning MAF, egr, IAC, checked plastic piping and no cracks. Changed coil packs, plugs, and plug wires.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back