Overboost issue....

Oddly... I'm still having an overboosting concern. I'm using the ATP Wastegate actuator and 2.5" i/c piping. Its spiking up to 10 - 14psi, and blowing the throttle body coupler off.
Part of it may be the configuration of the vac lines, as the previous owner ****** with em', so I'll post a pic later and get some 2nd opinions. He has the wastegate line going to a vac port on the middle of the intake manifold, and the BOV tapped to the wastegate vac line.

But other than the worn out WGA, what else has anyone seen on the MSP causing overboosting issues?
Its is in the mid 50's - low 60's right now, so I expect a cool weather spike of a few psi, but damn.

Stock ECM. No unichip, no F/IC, etc.
3" catback, stock downpipe/catlytic converter
2.5" I/C piping (contemplating going down to 2" -2.25")
ATP Actuator (installed yesterday, along with ARP exhaust studs/oem exhaust and turbo gaskets)
Greddy RS BOV
Relocated MAF

I don't see any signs of a manual boost controller anywhere, so that rules out one being installed that I don't know of.

Keep in mind, I've had this car 3 weeks. lol. So I'm still figuring out its little... character flaws :D

Last edited:
usually an exhaust leak before the turbo doesn't cause overboosting.

I see you said you changed the wga, make sure that it is functioning properly. Does it continue to overboost even when its warm?

What type of boost gauge do you have? I found that some can be very inaccurate and it can seem like your overboosting but your really not.

Defi Boost gauge.
Its definitely an overboost. Turbo vanes are sticking, wga's functioning properly. Its coming down to the pre turbo exhaust leak causing a mild compressor surge. Thats my opinion and a few other who deal with F/I more often than I do.

Latest posts

Back