OMG! Power Windows not working! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

i was trying to figure out the wiring cause i have this issue with the windows coming down at night when i press the unlock button on my remote by mistake, snow all inside my car :( the rest worked, but now i have the same problem again. any ideas?

I have been driving around for 2 months thinking it was just broken on my side. Ive had 2 cars in the past year that the only issue was the power windows screwing up...just thought I was cursed. Thank you VERY much.

So I have a 2008 MS3. All windows were up all winter. Now, the rear windows only go down if I use the driver's door switch. They do not go up. If I go to each window, they go up and down without a problem. I reset the rear windows like the OP said, but now, one of my rear windows doesn't go up or down, and the other one only goes down.

I reset each window several times (I held the sitch up until I heard it click). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

that sounds like an electrical problem that the dealer probably needs to look at...doesn't sound like a normal problem.

this is very helpful, had this problem, and called the dealer.
Also, if you have key less enty, press the unlock button once, then press it twice while holding it....and all 4windows roll down. But dont roll back up, this is very useful on a hot summer day.

you can have them roll back up by putting the key in the door, turning and holding...

you can have them roll back up by putting the key in the door, turning and holding...

Haha, I do this and my alarm goes off... My windows also only roll down about a third of the way when I hold the unlock button.

I'm sure the original posters tip will help with my windows though, I just changed the battery and was wondering what the heck was going on... Going to run out and take care of it in a minute.

----------------

Worked perfectly on my windows, thanks!

Dude Thanks! I had the dealership thinking it was the relay switches because if you press the front controls for the back windows, they won't work, but if you are in the back seat and you press them, they do! I got some free relays and some money off the asking price!

Thanks wannabe. This helped me out. The other morning the battery struggled to start the car and I noticed the window issue afterwords. This is a pretty strange feature.

Just got my car a few weeks ago and noticed this problem. Thought I was going to have to replace regulators but this worked, thanks a ton OP!

Please help someone.

I just purchased this red MS6, and when the transport dropped it off, the battery was dead. So once we gotthe battery charged, i notice that the driver side master window switch wasn't working. I did some sreaching on different forums that said, the windows needed to be reseted. I've done that to the other 3 windows, but the driver switch still has NO power. But the window lock button still works...

Anyone know whats going on?

Latest posts

Back