Old P5 in okay condition need some advice

f52242002

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
The owner before didn't really take care of the car as well, so I'm just gonna clean up everything inside the engine bay, but got some heavy rust on some parts.
The car doesn't run very smooth at the moment since the rotor is some how rusted so it stays connected with the brake pads. I ordered new rotors and gonna install them soon.
Front struts gonna be replaced too.
Just wanting some advice on what other parts this car might have problem if not taken care of, or some build examples that I can move forward to.
Cleaning it up is my priority now, hard to fix stuff when its dirty as hell.
Also how do you guys deal with rusted parts inside engine bay?

l69aN1b

So the new parts are in
Bearings Rotors Brake pads
Struts

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l69aN1b"><a href="//imgur.com/l69aN1b">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="xmDSN09"><a href="//imgur.com/xmDSN09">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Masking and painting them to prevent rust. (black nothing flashy here)
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="neAmOiN"><a href="//imgur.com/neAmOiN">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Job start
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="QyTY9tZ"><a href="//imgur.com/QyTY9tZ">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This crazy rust
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="ODIiBhU"><a href="//imgur.com/ODIiBhU">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Caliper won't open
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="YnHkcQ8"><a href="//imgur.com/YnHkcQ8">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

**** it Ill just take of the entire caliper
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="SgwI7la"><a href="//imgur.com/SgwI7la">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The rotors are super rusted and very stuck, but since im gonna also be changing the bearings, just gonna knock that right off tomorrow all together

Last edited:
Back