OEM Electric Boost Controller? PIC

cdesigns

:
Mazda CX-7
I was looking for a vacumm hose to install my boost gauge, so I went to the wastegate.

But why the wastegate is only connected to the INLET INTAKE PIPE of the turbocharger and not the outlet? Also is that a OEM boost controller or what?

I want to add 3-5 psi more of boost but now I don't know how to do it. Should I connect the wastegate vacumm hose directly to the TB vacumm hose?

1001900vs4.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure that our turbo can handle more pressure. Scratch that; it can't flow enough air to maintain that pressure at WOT. Not to mention you will be pushing very hot air, which is going to quickly eat any performance increase from the increased boost. CPE has been researching this and did a pretty good explanation of why here:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3243928&postcount=54

I only want to mantain steady boost in all gears, not low bost (10psi) on 1st and 2nd gear and then in 3rd gear more boost (14.8-15.0psi).

With the intake box open I can hear the difference on the turbo while spooling. You can hear the HISSSSS sound more and with more pitch on third gear.

thats not a boost controller, thats the boost control solenoid. Most likely it is a 2 port bleeder operation, so in order to increase boost, you'll have to fool how much boost its seeing, with usually a bleeder.

thats not a boost controller, thats the boost control solenoid. Most likely it is a 2 port bleeder operation, so in order to increase boost, you'll have to fool how much boost its seeing, with usually a bleeder.

humm for me that means does the same job as an electronic boost controller or not?

funny thing is , why it's connected to the INLET of the turbocharger.

Back