Obx forza catback for protege 5

Wyattmckay3

:
2003 Mazda protege 5
I was wondering if anyone has an obx catback. Just looking for reviews. I'm thinking about getting one

if it's anything like the headers they make I wouldn't get one. OBX isnt known for quality parts. I would save up a bit more and go with a racingbeat catback. If you dont mind getting just an axleback HKS, Tanabe, and the mazdaspeed "sport" oem option is also nice.

I've got a Forza setup on mine. Cat back and it sounds great. Fitment has been just fine and it has a really nice low rumble to it. No drone on the freeway and this one has been thru 3 Wisconsin winters with no issues.

Only thing I hate is the monstrous tip

20150911_135810.jpg

I went from a mazdaspeed axle back to the Racing Beat cat back and love it. It's just about the same as the axle back I had but doesn't drone on the freeway. Plus it seems to have added a tiny bit more power when accelerating on ramps or climbing up a mountain pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I definitely had to trim the rear valance to fit the massive tip. I only took about 1/2" out and actually plan on changing the tip in the near future

You guys are supposed to adjust the hangers on the exhaust so the bumper DOESN'T melt.

Back