OBDII Codes

p0401 was my enemy, then i found my connector melted and not even connected to the egr, so thats why my flow is insufficient.....(nuts)

Diagnostic Codes

2003 Protege ES

Is it possible to see diagnostic codes on dashboard display? I can pull codes on my chrysler switching ignition key on and off and codes show on electronic odometer.

Thanks

2003 Protege ES

Is it possible to see diagnostic codes on dashboard display? I can pull codes on my chrysler switching ignition key on and off and codes show on electronic odometer.

Thanks
not that i know of...that was the way of doing it before odbII i believe?

I had fixed a P0135 today. It was not the 02 sensor because resistance test showed roughly 10 ohms. I was a bad connection at the computer plug. I pulled out the wire and bent the pins tight, and it solved the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix? Autozone read the codes for me and gave me som things to check. The only one I dont know about is the EVAP canister. WTF is an EVAP canister? It also suggests a purge or vent solenoid... but does a N.A. motor have a purge valve? I thought that was strictly turbo?

Thanks,
Fuzzy out.
Sometimes topping up your fuel tank can mess up the evap system, so when i clicks thats it don't top it off. Also check that your cap is not leaking fumes. Sometimes replacing the cap solves the problem specially if it is a small leak. The purpose of the evap system is so that your car wont give off gas fumes into the atmosphere. Usually the hoses that make up the evap systems are vey reliable, so most likely gas cap. After all we screw it in take it off vice versa(wear and tear). So there you go change gas cap first. Don't have scanner? Well just take of battery negative wait 5 minutes and put it on. The code should never come back again.

Latest posts

Back