O2 clamp and Maf location question.

ogsp5

225 whp @ 8psi
:
2002 p5 (MSP Powered)
I got a second P5 5 speed (turbo) coming on line. I am planning on using the 02 clamp with the stock P5 ecu. Where would I put the MAF ? After the filter or on the pressure side. Just plan on running 5psi.

Then you definitely need it on the pressure side. No personal experience with O2 clamps, most MSP guys have the AFC instead.

I had an O2 clamp on my automatic P5-T, it worked well until I installed a 626 manifold and then I started to hit fuel cut every time. You'll also need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to go along with it, I used a BEGi back then.. it was kind of the standard combo for the few of us that had turbomatics back in the day.

If you want to know more about it, I remember writing up a How-To on TMF (The Mazda Forum) for both the BEGi and the O2 clamp. Feel free to look it up if you truly do decide to go down that road. If you encounter problems or have any major questions, I'll gladly help but keep in mind that it's been over 5 years since I had that setup so I'm not very likely to remember much..

I am going to use Aeromotive RRFP regulator, also using the stock injectors. The main reason is to see if I would have the same problem that MSP members had with stalling.

Last edited:
If you recirculate the bov after the MAF you will not have issues having the MAF before the turbo. Otherwise you will need to install on the pressure side, preferably after the intercooler.

Back