Not sure where to start.

N8-0

:
2000 Mazda Protege LS
Hello all, my name is Nathaniel, or Nate. I recently picked up a green 2000 Mazda Protege LX. I'd like to modify this car, clean it up and have it run better. But, I honestly have no idea where to start. I'd like to focus on performance first, cosmetics I can handle and I have some pretty good ideas I think.

Cosmetic Exterior; New paint, spoiler, lip, lights, wheels, the usual things to make it look sharp.

Interior; Replace everything fabric with leather, wood, or black fabric. New center console, shifting lever, brake handle, wheel w/out any derpy side levers, heated leather seats. I want to replace the AC and tape player with an Arduino microcontroller(This stuff I do know pretty well), and I want to put an accessible hard drive behind for music storage to run to my somewhat new Radio via AUX through a custom music selection program in the Arduino, which will be connected to a phone app I'm working on(pretty much the app is a control module for the Arduino, which will be able to activate a number of features within a short range, or over Wifi should the car be connected). Proximity entry and keyless ignition would be nice.

A little more on the Arduino. It's main function will be to be able to control climate, audio, lights, mirror settings, and monitor whatever I feel like monitoring. Everything not related to the engine will be able to be controlled remotely via Android, a self-contained extranet, and/or WiFi. I don't think I'll be able to start the engine remotely, but I can at least get the music going, turn on the mood lighting, and get the AC hyped up a bit(Yeah I'm single, so what?).

Performance; I'd like to keep fuel economy in mind. Beyond that I don't know what I want, or what my options really are. So that's where you guys come in (thumb) .

Anyways, I'm glad to have become a member. And I can't wait to see where this car goes.

~N8-0

Attachments

• knogspeed800.jpg
    knogspeed800.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 214
Back