Not new to Mazda, but new to Mazda2!

Eunos_Cosmo

:
1984 Mazda RX-7, 2012 Mazda2
Hello all. I'm a long time member of RX7 club (starfox07 over there) and I just picked up a red 2012 Mazda2 to match my red 1984 RX-7 GSL-SE. I've driven the RX-7 for four years as a daily, and it was just time to retire it. I hate putting commuting miles on a classic!

My 2 is a '12 model and it is a sport trim level and it is true red.

I've only taken one picture since today has been rainy and such.

CIMG0051.jpg

and my matching 7:
02-3.jpg

05-4.jpg

The 2 is stock for now. The 7 has full exhaust, suspension, and Impul 15x6 wheels with 205/50/50 dunlop tires.

I'm wanting to lower the 2 and do wheels/tires, a CAI and perhaps a catback. It's suprisingly fun to drive. I compared it to the Fiat 500, Fiesta, and Fit, and it was tons more fun than those cars despite it's 'meager' 100hp.

Thinking about these wheels in 16x8
konig.retrack-graph_d.jpg

Do you guys think a 16" wheel would be too heavy?

Anyways, this looks to be a pretty cool little community. I will keep updating progress of both my 7 and 2 as they evolve.

-Lucien

Welcome to mazdas247 Lucien. I'm sure you'll have a great time in your new red Mazda 2. Looking forward to your mods. ;)

Last edited:
Hey another 2/RX-7 owner! My 2 is also True Red but my RX-7 is Blaze Red. I also looked at the 500 and the Fiesta and for the price the 2 couldn't be beat. I do find it funny you have 15x6 wheels on the RX-7 and you want to put 16x8 wheels on the 2. I have 16x8 RPF1's on my FC and I want to put 15x7 RPF1's on the 2.

The OEM Mazda wheels and tires are pretty light. Going bigger and heavier might have a negative effect. I just put 15 x 7 Kosei K4r's on my 2 with Dunlop Direzza Stars in 195/50-15's.

I'll do a review as soon as I get the tires broken in a bit.

John

The OEM Mazda wheels and tires are pretty light. Going bigger and heavier might have a negative effect. I just put 15 x 7 Kosei K4r's on my 2 with Dunlop Direzza Stars in 195/50-15's.

He has a sport so no alloys.

Which begs the question - I have a '12 sport as well; does anyone know how much lighter are the stock alloys in comparison to the steel wheels w/ covers?

Welcome to the site, just another Rotary owner saying hello , yeah the 2 is a fun little car!
love the pics of the 7 :)

Last edited:
Your FB is absolutely dreamy! Aghhfhsdifh;dfaskfalnfitsmydreamcar, seriously.

Also, i'm tempted to make a ton of bad Starfox dialog towards you, given your RX7-Club username but I will refain. Welcome to the 2 and our side of the forums! :D

I'll do a review as soon as I get the tires broken in a bit.

John

I want to see photos of that combo!

Back