Nokian AW-01 All Weather Tire

:
Minnesota
:
'16 Touring AWD
Does anyone have any experience with Nokia AW-01 on their CX-5? The tires provided with mine are Ecopias, which while returning outstanding fuel economy (I'm at 28 average over the life of my ownership so far, compared to about 24 on my previous CX-5 with identical driving patterns), definitely leave something to be desired regarding winter traction and are nearing the end of their life. I'm going for dedicated winters again, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions so I won't get caught with my pants stuck down during a 10" November 1st snowstorm? This winter we saw over 130 inches of snow fall.

I'm running Michelin CrossClimate 2's in summer. VERY good traction in heavy rain, and surprisingly good in a single 1/2" snow I drove them thru. I run Michelin X-Ice's in the winter.

Good handling, a bit more noisy than I'd like. My MPG dropped 1-2ish over the stock rock-hard crap.

Does anyone have any experience with Nokia AW-01 on their CX-5? ... definitely leave something to be desired regarding winter traction and are nearing the end of their life. I'm going for dedicated winters again, but ...

I've just finished my third winter (and second full year) on a set of Nokian WR G4 SUV tires. Exceptional winter grip, fairly good rain grip, fairly good dry-weather grip. Not quite the outright winter performance of the Nokian Hakkapeliitta, but IMO they're close. I would highly recommend them. Their year-'round compound gets the job done, with most of the Hakka's winter grip and good grip the rest of the year. Isn't anybody's high-performance tire, but it's an excellent choice for a single tire to be used all year long, including in harsh winter snow/ice/slush.

Previous remarks:

Uncertain if this is a nearby shop to you, but Discount Tire has the Nokians:

Back