No start

So after several hours this week of going from just a block in the engine bay I've installed another trans, put the new cylinder head on and replaced the timing. Got everything hooked up (I believe correctly) hooked up the batt and no alarm going off. This is odd because this car has always been touchy about reconnecting the battery and setting the alarm off. Didn't think much of it jumped in and went to start. Nothing just a small click under the dash. I've pulled the alarm fuse, it's good. Pulled the room fuse, still nothing same click. I've locked and unlocked with the key, with the fob, set the panic, checked voltage through the main fuse, it's good. the click has stayed the same. The batt has been disconnected for about two months. Everything else works. All lights, radio, fan. I'm going to try jumping the starter solenoid tomorrow. re there any suggestions on something I missed. Both the head and the trans were out of the car when I started putting it back together this week

battery might be bad... i know you said it powers the accessories... but since it's been sitting for a few months there might not be enough juice in it.. the starter draws a lot of amperage... i would also check the grounds

Tried to push the secret hidden alarm bypass button under the driver's side of the dash?

Hornsfan. Yes I've tried that. I've tried holding it while turning the key, clicking it repeatedly, a single press, nothing. BTW I forgot to thank you for your replies to my LSD thread

As best as I can tell. I've chased out the grounds but I have not had time to double check all of the wiring versus a diagram. I've never had the alarm click before so thats why I'm leaning that way. Has anyone removed one of these factory ones?

You're really gonna have a problem on your hands if you attempt to remove the factory alarm system. The various other modules in your car are gonna be expecting a super secret handshake from the alarm system before they decide it's okay to do something, it's nothing like an aftermarket system that just piggybacks a few things. Not saying it's impossible, but definitely not worth it.

Grab a test light, hook it to the power terminal on your battery and touch the starter. Does the light come on?

Back