No ad at the top

Wiggles422

:
MSP #654
Normally I would be happy to see that an ad isn't showing up, but this is different. The ad (top right hand corner of the screen) never shows up on my computer. And when I click the ad, nothing loads other than a white screen. I'm sure it's just my computer, but anyone know why it's doing this or how i can fix it? I'd like to support the forum buy supporting the companies, but I never pay it any attention b/c nothing shows up.

Thanks for the support and reporting this...What browser do you have? You might have some sort of ad / image blocker activated...could be your browser is blocking new pages coming from ads/links? Or...just something funky?

I am using IE (whatever the newest version is) I think i've deactivated all pop up blockers and yet it still doesn't show up. I also downloaded Mozilla, that didn't help either. As you said Antoine, it may just be something funky. (shrug)

Do you have a firewall program? Norton Firewall has an ad blocker built in. Also, check the hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC is using XP. Lots of ad blocking software have hosts files, taking out banners. Open it in Wordpad. See if a bunch of sites are listed. Then you know you got a custom hosts file. I might have a basic hosts file if needed.

Back