New!

1sicspeed

Contributor
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
What's up everyone!? This is my first mazda ever and first car over a 95. I was a honda guy but now I having a family and this is what I wanted. So if I ask any stupid quearions please don't call me a newbie! Only to mazdas! But hope to get to know you guys and everyone can help me out!

First needing help on how to hook up boost guage and air fuel they are in the car from previous owner and I don't know anythingabout them or how to hook them up. Any help is appreciated

I'm using this as a reference to hook up my wide band.
http://church56.tripod.com/blitz.html
This is also my first Mazda and I'm also a Honda guy. My previous cars were an 05 Acura type S, 09 civic SI coupe, 09 civic SI sedan and now this. Welcome to the club.

If the gauge is a wideband you have a spare bung in the stock J pipe to install the sensor, if it is a narrowband sensor you are best off removing it and selling it. It won't really be effective in tuning or even displaying A/F ratios. Boost gauge is straightforward, mechanical has a vacuum line running from the engine, electronic has a solenoid under the hood and wiring to the gauge. The above link is for installing a turbo timer.

If the gauge is a wideband you have a spare bung in the stock J pipe to install the sensor, if it is a narrowband sensor you are best off removing it and selling it. It won't really be effective in tuning or even displaying A/F ratios. Boost gauge is straightforward, mechanical has a vacuum line running from the engine, electronic has a solenoid under the hood and wiring to the gauge. The above link is for installing a turbo timer.
I figured he could use it as a reference to hook up the power and ground, that's what I'm using it for. In any case I agree with hornsfans a narrow band is a waste of time.

Welcome, I'm new too, After 9 Honda including an S2000, Now I got a 03 MazdaSpeed Protege( you know what happens after you get married)

Yes I completly underatand but mine is for my little son is 2 months away from being here!

Latest posts

Back