New Wheels

09MazdaRacing

:
2009 Mazdaspeed 3
So I think i'm finally ready to buy some new wheels for my car. I have found the design I want but am having a hard time deciding on finish. I have a black ms3 and just wanted some opinions.

Attachments

• Avantgarde-M310-Black-1000.jpg
    Avantgarde-M310-Black-1000.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Avantgarde-M310-Hyper-Silver-440.jpg
    Avantgarde-M310-Hyper-Silver-440.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 237
Can't go wrong with either choice. I'm going to throw in a vote for black. I wish I had a black car so I could to the black on black thing (2thumbs)

+1 silver. Black looks good too but most all black on black MS3 look the same to me.

Black wheels look terrible IMO. I vote silver! Is that wheel offered in black with a machined face and lip? That would be a good compromise.

I like those, but I would want to see them with the offset that you want. They may not have the "dish" you are looking for. For example, I like the Rota P45R, but not the P45F. The dish of the spokes is what makes those rims IMHO.

The Jetta in their pictures has a deep dish, but if you look, it's also a very low offset and a slight stretch and poke going on. It's cool if that's the look you are going for. Just be aware.

Ok guys so I have been searching around and I have a problem. The new rims that I like (See Below website) say that they will not fit my car. Can someone give me some light on why they will not. I am not at all sure about wheels. I am not sure but the only thing that I can think of is that our wheels are 18x7 and the ones below are 18x7.5. Can someone please help.

wheel.asp

Width and offset appear to be fine. I would say that the center bore is too big, in which case you will need to get hub-centric rings to take up the gap. IIRC Mazda center bore is like 67mm and some/most wheels have like a 70mm bore. Not sure on the numbers but I hope you catch my drift.

What tire size do you plan on using? If it's 225/45, you should be ok. If you want to go with 235/40 to more closely match the stock tire diameter, you will most likely rub in the rear with that offset. I rubbed every once in a while with 18x8 +50 and 235/40-18.

Here's another good resource when choosing tire sizes: Click here

also check out the sticky at the top of this section. other members here have posted their wheels and what size they are running and if they have any issues. like others have said, i think you'll be fine with the width and offset. i'm on 18x8.5" with 225/45 tires and i only rub when the rear suspension compresses fully.

By the way the reason I am not staying with my original pick of the advant garde is because the wifey doesn't like them. She picked these out which I think isn't a bad choice either. Oh well guess since its a christmas present I'm ok with it lol

Back