new speakers

Echofall, I posted earlier about mounting it to the stock grill. I am sure you have figured this out, but if you did want to flush mount the tweeters to it you would have to cut the hole large enough to fit them. Then if worst comes to worse and you blow the speakers or something goes wrong with them and you decdie to switch them up and have no tweets you are going to be left with an 1" to 1 1/2" hole in your grill.

lol, good point. I didnt think of it that way. (hand)

well i finally finished my sound system upgrade....for the moment. I am running two infinity reference 2 way 6x8's in the front and 2 alpine type-s 61/2 inch 2 ways in the back. I have them all powered by a profile amp that gives 60w RMS power to a 4 ohm impedance and 90 watts RMs to a 2 ohm impedance. So far i am really impressed with the sound quality. I mean it is like night and day from stock. The next project i am considering is powering a sub that my buddy gave me. The speakers in the doors right now give some pretty good bass but i want a lil more thump lol. but to anyone out there that hasn't gotten an amp with aftermarket speakers...i would really suggest it...it makes a big difference. The only problem is that it took me 9 hours of work in 2 days to install the amp and run all the wire...but the experience was worth it without a doubt.

well i finally finished my sound system upgrade....for the moment. I am running two infinity reference 2 way 6x8's in the front and 2 alpine type-s 61/2 inch 2 ways in the back. I have them all powered by a profile amp that gives 60w RMS power to a 4 ohm impedance and 90 watts RMs to a 2 ohm impedance. So far i am really impressed with the sound quality. I mean it is like night and day from stock. The next project i am considering is powering a sub that my buddy gave me. The speakers in the doors right now give some pretty good bass but i want a lil more thump lol. but to anyone out there that hasn't gotten an amp with aftermarket speakers...i would really suggest it...it makes a big difference. The only problem is that it took me 9 hours of work in 2 days to install the amp and run all the wire...but the experience was worth it without a doubt.

where did you install that amp?

More inspiration

I installed an Eclipse CD1200 head unit with Boston Acoustics S55 for the rear speakers and the Polk Audio db5251 component system for the front. All powered by a Polk Audio PA200.4 ampliflier mounted under the passenger seat. The stock spare tire sub woofer is hooked in as well.

Night and Day in sound over the stock system.(first)

I would highly recommend spending the money on the MazdaSpeed bracket and mounting "pocket". Pricey but way better than the crap Scosche(?) brackets that places like Crutchfield provide for free, IMO.

Part # TA06-66-9B1
Part # BJ1H-66-9M0

Since my protege came with the component tweeters, I ordered blank sail(?)panels and drilled them out for the larger Polk tweeters. They fit fairly well, not as flush as stock because you have to drill out one of the mounting posts.

Part #B26R-69-171C
Part #B26R-69-111C

Attachments

• P1040265.JPG
    P1040265.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 76
  • P1040267.JPG
    P1040267.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 82
  • P1040266.JPG
    P1040266.JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 90
i installed the amp right under the passenger seat...its easy to remove and it is strattling the foot heater vent...no heat issues yet. i had to raise it about 1 inch and i couldn't fasten it to the floor via screws so i used velcro =] haha as long as it stays in place...and the wires are out of reach from peoples' feet so im not worried there. My amp is even farther under the seat than SteveDallas and it is also a 4 channel.

Since I have three rockford fosgate amps (one to power sub, 2 to power speakers) I constructed an amp rack in the bed of the trunk. Completely removed the actual cover for the bed of it and made one out of mdf or plywood and covered it in black carpet. Looks almost the same except now with amps and it is a bit lower down then the stock one.

Back