new parts ? any suggestions...

masda

I have a 2002 protege 5 hb yesterday after a routine inspection they told me I need new struts and a new radiator? My car is stock and I want to start putting some mod's on it what can I get for an aftermarket radiator ?

And is it possible to put shocks and new springs to lower ? instaead of struts ?

Any online stores that I can order for cheap I live up in canada vancouver,bc

I've asked the lowest i've found are

Tien shocks and springs with installation 900 cad

and radiator stock 350 with installation

What led to the conclusion about the radiator? Is the car leaking or running hot or have abnormal amounts of scale built up in it or did it just not look right?

^Yeah. Anyhoo - just put a stock radiator in - no mod there...

You will love the struts and springs - goood mod!

The radiator just started loosing fluid I actually have never seen the car leak at all unless it's really hot outside and i've been driving for hours but that was because I wasn't using the extended life fuild I thought ..... but later even with the extended life fuild I found that it doesn't leak or cause my troubles but the mechanic said it does have a leak ?

Strange...

masda said:
The radiator just started loosing fluid I actually have never seen the car leak at all unless it's really hot outside and i've been driving for hours but that was because I wasn't using the extended life fuild I thought ..... but later even with the extended life fuild I found that it doesn't leak or cause my troubles but the mechanic said it does have a leak ?

Strange...

If you dont have any puddles of fluid on the ground, its very unlikely that your radiator is leaking. Is your mechanic good(trustworthy?). I could be wrong but something about that story sounds fishy.

Ship your parts to my place in Seattle and come down to pick them up, get them installed here, and drive home happy. Probably cheaper than paying the duties...

Yeah, with the car hot and running - you should see radiator fluid (not water from the a/c ) or steam coming from somewhere. Is the overflow bucket always empty?

I would get a second opinion or do some troubleshooting before just having this guy change the radiator (or the struts for that matter).

We'll heres an update if anyone cares...

- the radiator wasn't leaking but all it's a plastic radiator with the aluminum clips that hold it on the plastic started to slowly unclip them self I guess from pressure and the other day it just looked like the radiator was going to blow cause water was squirting from the top and sides and all over until all the fluid ran out of the vechile I replaced it with a stock one for about 150 bucks myself

- as for the springs and struts I decided to go with some lowering springs and just some good struths that I haven't found yet but the lowering springs are used this was the ad

" Mazda Protege Springs

Springs for 01-03 Mazda Protege5, 99-03 Protege, 01 MP3, 03 Mazdaspeed

Kgmm DR-Racing Springs (Gold)
Used for only 1.5 years.
Less than 10000kms on them.
Originally bought from A&J Racing (AJR)
Receipts provided if requested.
Will fit 01-03 Mazda Protege5, 99-03 Protege, 01 MP3, 03 MSP
Lowers car approx 1.5"-2"

$90obo
(buyer is responsible for pickup) "

It's not clear from your post whether you bought the advertised springs or are still considering them.

?

shocks!!!!!

I recently got tociko illumina shocks. I absolutely love them. Not the cheapest upgrade I have, but the best!

I replaced the radiator with a OEM plastic one it seemed that one just wore out I guess and was having issues since then I haven't had any major radiator problem however I do have to keep topping the reserve tank everyday few days I wasn't sure if that was normal ?

I've also purchased the used springs
Kgmm DR-Racing Springs (Gold)
they do have some rust which now worries me if I should put it on or keep the stock ? I'm still looking for shocks...

Latest posts

Back