New Member, my new P5 w/pics

CE02P5

:
02 Protege 5
So my GF and I got our P5 yesterday night its an 02 loaded 5 speed with roof.. and we love it.. ran it through the car wash and by the time I got to my driveway about 5KMS later this is how it looked from all the salt and slush.. oh well.. plans include tint, deck/amp/sub and HIDS which I already have on the way. Its a little underpowered, but peppy so Im just gunna deal with it no go fast mods (which is going to be hard).. I love the factory stance on it tho, its quite low and it handles great.. And it is ready to go for winter, got our snow tires and steelies on right away.. the 16's came with brand new toyos with very aggressive tread for the summer so we're set to DD this car all year round... and the pics...
DSCN0715.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0717.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

This is our old DD, sold it for 800 bucks, A 2000 Base neon 5 speed it was hittin 250K and the subframe was rotted, control arms, bushings, balljoints, struts and brakes up front were all done!! So it was time to scrap it and move onto better things...

erikas2gen2.jpg

and finally this is my pride and joy summer only car... it is a 1998 Dodge Neon ACR Sedan, at the time of this pic the car was running a built Magnum SOHC 2L and ran a 14.2 in the 1/4... Right now it is at my buddys shop with a just dropped in 2004 Dodge SRT 2.4 Turbo motor and will be running 20+ Pounds of boost for the spring...

P6151559-1.jpg

Anyhow found lots of great info on this site, and it is awesome to finally have a reliable daily driver, (drive) lovin this car so far.

and you can make it much better.....port and poilish and remove the vtcs(must) and stick on a CAI. i have 100k on mine and it runs like it did when i got it new......get a new suspension kit and lower it.....YUM and there's tons of lil things to do to make it better to....

OH AND WELCOME

the hatchback also handles sound well...i run 2 12" with a 1000 watt amp and have for 3 years now and it still sounds perfect, doesn't gheto rattle

and you can make it much better.....port and poilish and remove the vtcs(must) and stick on a CAI. i have 100k on mine and it runs like it did when i got it new......get a new suspension kit and lower it.....YUM and there's tons of lil things to do to make it better to....

OH AND WELCOME

the hatchback also handles sound well...i run 2 12" with a 1000 watt amp and have for 3 years now and it still sounds perfect, doesn't gheto rattle

remove vtcs???

Welcome and Congrats! You are going to love the hatch...it will hold a lot.

What size winter tires do you have mounted?

And very nice Neon....we had a '95 that we bought new and traded in for a Jetta in '96.....short story, it was a lemon.

the vtcs is a set of butterfly valves right at the opening of the intake mani where it mounts to the head....you remove them and port/polish the opening at the same time to let air move more freely....adds quite a bit of peppiness

Welcome and Congrats! You are going to love the hatch...it will hold a lot.

What size winter tires do you have mounted?

And very nice Neon....we had a '95 that we bought new and traded in for a Jetta in '96.....short story, it was a lemon.

They are 195/15's I believe, I bought them mounted on the steelies and they came off a protege so I new I wouldnt have an issue which was nice..

the vtcs is a set of butterfly valves right at the opening of the intake mani where it mounts to the head....you remove them and port/polish the opening at the same time to let air move more freely....adds quite a bit of peppiness

that is a nice little trick, in the spring when i am feeling ambitious I will do it...

then stick a CAI on it....you'll be happy....then lower it and go for a drive.....are you seeing a pattern yet??

I share this car with my GF, I would love to drop it just a inch but she would not be happy... I promised not to touch the suspension.

^good man, sir, i have never driven in snow nor on ice before. random fact.

you need to! snowy parking lots and you become the king of drifting, ebrake ftw!....just do it in your gf's lancer so as to not do any harm to your p5...that's how i roll...

Back