New Mazdaspeed3? Naturally Aspirated?

They don't have Ford's resources and parts bin to dig from this time around, so the R&D costs could be a limiting factor in what the new speed might be.

Remember, our cars have "FoMoCo" stamped everywhere, including the block, and the Focus ST motor has the same basic architecture, i.e. ford design.

An interesting thought. I don't know if that really will limit them that much. Honestly I'd say the best Cars Mazda has ever produced where those that weren't with the influence/help of other companies such as Ford.

The images of the speed 3 they show is definitely the previous body style but I hope they do not go that route with the power output and making it N/A

Going N/A with 2.0L SkyActive would be a huge mistake. If Mazda goes down that road, they lost this customer and probably many more.

Yeah but people have known the speed 3 as the boosted hot hatch. I would hate to see them go with less power let alone no turbo.

I would buy a 200 hp Speed. The roads around here are too congested to really get to use a ton of power, and I get far more enjoyment out of a well setup suspension.

I don't see another Turbo Mazda being built aside from a Diesel. The fuel economy standards are too high and Mazda will not change it's image that it is currently trying to create.

Back