New Mazda owner looking for ideas

Nateers

:
Mazda protege five
Today I purchased my first Mazda! A protege five, and I'm already looking to make improvements. I would love some ideas of what the first modifications I should apply to the vehicle (I'm leaning more towards cosmetic) any suggestions would be valued greatly! My budget is around 500$ and this is just for a small first modification i.e. Hood scoop or something. Thanks! I posted this to the other Mazda forum but I'm not sure how this works so I'm posting it here as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First mod cosmetically you can do for under $500 is JDM tail lights if you can find them. You can also plastidip the rear and trunj valence too for a nice touch.

Blackout badges, headlight bezel blackout, side molding removal, stubby radio antenna, to name some more cheap easy visual mods.

Just take a look around at some build threads and how-tos, and enjoy your P5! :)

Today I purchased my first Mazda! A protege five, and I'm already looking to make improvements. I would love some ideas of what the first modifications I should apply to the vehicle (I'm leaning more towards cosmetic) any suggestions would be valued greatly! My budget is around 500$ and this is just for a small first modification i.e. Hood scoop or something. Thanks! I posted this to the other Mazda forum but I'm not sure how this works so I'm posting it here as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah another Santa Cruzan.

Cheapest and easiest mods to start with in my opinion:

Intermittent wiper control stalk from a Mazda MPV or Ford Escape, etc. They're literally plug and play, super easy.

Foglight DRL mod.

Plastidip the rear valance if the car isn't black, looks great (should have come stock!)

LED bulbs for the interior lights -- especially the hatch really illuminates it.

Honda Accord Type-R lip macguyvered to the P5 (I think it looks great, probably could find one at a local Pick N Pull).

Short stub antenna.

If you've got the $$$ moolah then check out some MSP 17" rims.

STI S204 PU front lip $46
(ebay)
Hydra Motorsports cluster rings $40
(ebay)
Mazda2 AC knobs $9 (ebay)
Fog light mod
Stubby antenae

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

if you can afford it, look into lowering springs as well, an inch or two off the factory makes it look super lean!

Back