New Intake & BPV - venting early?

WaRdaWg3

:
CX-7 Sport
Hi everyone! I installed the Protege Garage SRI and the TurboXS Hybrid BPV this Saturday. However, it seems that the BPV is venting while the turbo is spooling. I have 4 of the 6 washers in the BPV as recommended from reading through the forums. I also read that this particular BPV is known for "fluttering" during low to mild boost. Could this be the issue? I mean, when I step on the go pedal, it pulls and vents when I let off. Perhaps it's just the intake sucking in more air that it sounds like it is venting? When the BPV releases, it is awesome and clearly the "ppsshhh" that I expected. Any info is appreciated.

you're only gonna hit full boost at WOT. do you have a gauge? i guess i'm not seeing why you think its venting...

did you install the intake at the same time? you'll hear the turbo a lot clearer with an intake...

I installed both at the same time. Gauge is on order and should be here soon. Would you happen to know if the vent pod sold by RPMStore for the MS3 will fit the CX-7? I'm guessing it should. Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe that it will...the vents are not all the same size.

you can always try it and return it if it doesn't work.

We actually bought the vent pod for the MS3. We wrapped some foam tape around it and wedged it into place.

We actually bought the vent pod for the MS3. We wrapped some foam tape around it and wedged it into place.

Was more work than just that. There was measuring/triming involved too but I made it work. I used the foam tape so the vent would still be functional.

It's funny cause with all the REAL work done to your car the boost gauge location is the first thing people complement.(wink)

Latest posts

Back