New hood w/ functional scoop! how do I use it???

jestyle2002

:
'02 Protege (ES)
Hey protege fans/owners,

I just recently bought and installed a new hood which you can see here:
320079_58_full.jpg
(THIS IS NOT MY CAR)

Right now I have a cold-air intake, and as most of you know, it's right in front of the driver-side front wheel. I want to use my new hood w/ scoop for my air intake needs. How do I go about in doing that?

Swap to a short-ram intake system. These generally put the air filter right under the spot where that hood dumps the air.

i really dont see how the scoop on this hood could be "functional" for the intake. it look way to far back to feed into any intake system. im sure some to other members that have recently purchased this hood will chime in...

The hood has a "tunnel" in it that takes the air from the scoop and runs it forward and to the left to right about where SRI's sit in the engine bay.

Functional ACS Hood

It seems possible with the stock intake box with the rubber hose that came with the hood. Or if you can get a narrow tip hose like the one the kit comes (to fit in the opening on the underside of the hood) with but a wide bottom to fit over the open filter. I am satisfied with the look of my hood and it does not have to be fully functional. I am satisfied with air just going into the hot engine bay.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 6,656
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 784
If its an ACS hood, heres the underside so you can see where its routed to.

Attachments

• e2_1.JPG
    e2_1.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 2,125
Back