2016~2023 Need to pull 3rd row seat cushion

Hello, have a question for the forum. So recently got into a 2018 cx9 touring. Have done a few mods (cosmetic) but in my next venture I need to pull the 3rd row seat cushion. Aside from the first owner (leased) evidently going to the beach and not owning a vacuum, I need to remove the cushion. I know there are two tabs at the front under the cushion. My question is once the front is released, what next? Seems to be something in the middle by the seat belts or maybe along the back in multiple spots, holding the seat from coming out. Any info?

Solution
So just an update. I took all of the cargo area stuff back out to get a second look at this and as it turns out, all you have to do is pull up from the back of the cushion. I did this after getting the front of it free from the push tabs. Just make sure the two metal "hooks" from the cushion and seat frame don't engage and it comes right out. Thanks for the help anyways.
You’ll likely need to pull the whole seat out since the hinge is usually not accessible until you get the seat out. Going in from the back of the vehicle, you’ll need to remove all the cargo area bits like the floor covering and then access probably 3-4 more bolts holding the back of the seats down

Upvote 0
So just an update. I took all of the cargo area stuff back out to get a second look at this and as it turns out, all you have to do is pull up from the back of the cushion. I did this after getting the front of it free from the push tabs. Just make sure the two metal "hooks" from the cushion and seat frame don't engage and it comes right out. Thanks for the help anyways.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back