Need some clutch help!

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
Alright I did some searching on the site and couldn't find anyone that had my problem. I took a hard right a couple of days ago and the clutch got really short and soft, then firmed back out to normal like it should feel later. But heres the thing, I went to take off at a light shortly after taking the right turn hard the car stalled when I pushed the clutch down. I couldn't get it to start back up right away, I waited 5mins and then pumped the gas while trying to start it and it came to life again and sounded perfectly fine with no noises. The car drives and sounds great with no problem while driving or anything. The only thing now is it starts to try to die when I push the clutch in....I don't get? Help me out guys:(

Almost sounds like something with low fluid or a leak? That would be my guess. That would make the pedal feel funny and the car would want to die because your clutch would stay engaged and make it stall out since its having a hard time (or lack of pressure) to dissengage.

my thoughts exactly, i dont think the hard right turn caused a problem, but coincidentally you slave cylinder or something in the hydraulic system gave out. id check the slave cylinder, look for leaks in the hydraulic system

Almost sounds like something with low fluid or a leak? That would be my guess. That would make the pedal feel funny and the car would want to die because your clutch would stay engaged and make it stall out since its having a hard time (or lack of pressure) to dissengage.
Maybe I'll check that.

my thoughts exactly, i dont think the hard right turn caused a problem, but coincidentally you slave cylinder or something in the hydraulic system gave out. id check the slave cylinder, look for leaks in the hydraulic system

Damn! Alright I'll check that. I had the slave replaced close to 2yrs ago though.

Latest posts

Back