Need help with Repairs and to diagnose, plz

Stupuff

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
First, I have to replace the sway bar bushings. Where can I find a good set of those? I found this
http://store.awrracing.com/replacement-rear-sway-bar-bushings-mp3/

thoughts?

as well, i found these and am thinking of putting them in as well.
http://store.awrracing.com/engine-mount-and-insert-combo-kit-protege-1999-2003/

second, my rear sits noticeably lower that the front. So much so that the rear tires seem in danger of coming in contact. do i need to replace the struts? springs? is it natural and I just being paranoid?

Third, if i buy the Forge motor sports bypass valve will it get rid of the flutter that all of you like but i do not? (don't judge, different strokes for different folks)

fourth, I have inconsistent boost that seems to surge a bit here and there whilst i "give er' some snot". as well, she doesn't seem to 'spool' till almost 5000 rpm, is this normal? I have a slight inkling it is a problem with the turbo or the wastegate seeing that i paid 3500$ CDN for an MSP. could a manual boost controller (like the one sold by forge) be beneficial?

fifth, seeing that i am very late to the modding game, corksports does not offer nearly as many products for the MSP. where are some good places to get easy-to-medium skill level mods? ie; exhaust, FMIC, brakes, Hardpipe kit (sans intake to intercooler), etc...

sixth, are there any problems I should know about and fix now? common rust, bad fuel sending units, sway bar bushings and the like. as well, what are some favoured mods? like the Explorer end links for example.

You may hate me for saying this, but my MSP is my beater and everyday driver. My toys are an 800 hp SRT 10 Ram and and ER6n, I don't need my MSP to go fast per se. Reliability and Economy take precedence.

So far I only have an InGen intake. I would love recommendations of analogue boost gauges, boost controllers, viable turbo upgrades...

Thanks for reading this far and I look forward to your inputs and if you need vids or pics, just say the word

vwZ4u6i.jpg
1cjnahs.jpg

XvpAzQ5.jpg

rear
EZGN0vC.jpg

front
bpGn4Bh.jpg

...ok, the pics with the wheels of dont really help, but I swear they back sits close to an inch lower than it seems it should

You may need to replace the struts and springs, my friend's MSP sits similar to that but the rear brakes look Fubar'd. These cars rust out so get it looked at and try to keep it treated if you want it to last. I don't recommend the Forge if you don't want turkey, get a real BOV like a HKS, Turbosmart, GFB, Greddy, TurboXs, etc. Same with the Forge WGA I had it for years and I did not like it, would spike high and hold too low of boost, ATP replacement is the best option. Most people do the Ebay FMIC kit setup, there is a thread with lots of pics of people's installs and all the parts you need. And the motor mounts are almost a necessity with these cars IMO.

Latest posts

Back