Need help with knocking engine!! please & thank you.

D_Roc7822

Ok so heres the story.. full story... Back last year I purchased a turbo kit for my 2002 Protege 5 from Turbo kits.com... well the kit didnt fit. Thats not the problem. And you of course had to take the oil pan off to tap it and what not. But then when really nothing fit.. .we had to put everything back in. But me.. being the stupid jackass that I am.. instead of putting the oil pan gasket on.. I just used some gasket maker. Thinking oh everything is fine. But I was wrong. Soon the maker stopped working.. and oil started leaking out of my pan little by little. So eventually oil starvation came about. And with that oil starvation came about one of the rods knocking.. ya know whenever you turn the car on or hit the accelerated. And I found a cylinder head from a 2002 P5 with cams and everything.. along with a full gasket set and was wondering if that would be able to fix the job while I sold it. I by no means just want a quick fix.. cause a buddy is buying it. Or would I have to replace the entire engine. What is the cheapest way to fix the engine but @ the same time have it still be reliable. Any info on this would be great... Id really appreciate it. Im really bad when it comes to internal parts of the engine..

your engine is basically screwed. if you starved the bearings of oil you have ruined the rings, the cylinder walls and the crankshaft. all of those will require machining to a point where its more economically sound and beneficial to buy a used engine and drop it in. time and money wise you won't be able to fix the engine compared to swapping in another one. there is no gasket between the oil pan and the engine, just RTV type tube sealant. the head is probably fine unless you seriously overheated the engine and warped it.

for future reference for anyone thinking about it - the turbokits.com kit really does not work. the engine management does not work, fitment quality is poor and the hiboost kit is far better for the dollar.

ok thanks ken... for the info and everything.. greatly appreciate it. So then I might be looking into a used FS-DE engine off your site here pretty soon. Ill letcha know though... see what the finances and everything are looking like. And I dont know maybe the bolts then werent tight enough or something... somehow oil was leaking from the pan though. And yeah definitly dont buy the turbokits.com turbo... Theres a big reason why they dont sell them anymore. I was just one of the fools who bought one before realizing it was bad... any deals on the used engine ken lol... come on you know you want to.. me being a previous customer @ protegegarage.com before and everything lol jk... ill check it out though.. later.

next time it knocks, say "who's there". i bet the response you get back is funny

Knock knock knocking on heavens door. (sorry...every time i see a "knocking" thread i think of that song)

lol oh some people are just hilarous these days...regular rodney dangerfields.. its cool though.... I thought the comments were pretty funny... Im gonna have to do that... asking who is there next time...If it answers me back then I have bigger problems than just a blown engine. A lot bigger problems...

D_Roc7822 said:
If it answers me back then I have bigger problems than just a blown engine. A lot bigger problems...
No, smaller. It's called the Leprechaun mod. Made tyte power yo. The previous owner must have put them in. You may want to feed them. They stop knocking after that.

(hah) sorry, couldn't help it ;) That sucks tho dude, I hope you get it sorted.

hehe. i've blown 2 motors (well, 1, the 2rd one wasn't exactly a 'blow' but was still damaged), if i can see a bit of humor in it so can you :)

Back